WordPress has become the content management system of choice for web designers and bloggers and there are lots of reasons why. It offers convenience in creating highly dynamic sites without the stress of coding. WordPress works in a user-friendly manner where you can get a theme from the WordPress directory and edit your site based on these themes.
In this article we are going to be looking how you can install WordPress theme and be on your way to making enticing and dynamic websites in no time.
HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS THEME
This is relatively easy. If you want to install WordPress theme, you have to know that it is going to change the look of your site. Tat being said, here we go.
1. From your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance, and then click on themes
2. Next, you will find yourself in the themes page, once there; click the ‘add new’ button at the top of the screen.
3. Next, click on Upload theme
4. Next, you will be directed to a window where you can upload the theme from your harddrive. Note! The theme will be in a .zip file and should not be unzipped before upload.
5. After the theme is selected, click on install now.
6. After a few seconds or minutes, depending on how large a file the theme is, you will be prompted that the installation is successful. And you will be given three options.
7. Click on activate.
On this I done, you can proceed to customizing the theme to your taste and building a great looking and responsive website.
It is really easy to get started when it comes to WordPress. The themes already get a good amount of the job done as all the elements needed are already arranged within the theme and all a user needs to do is edit along side those elements.
One thing to know is that these options are only available in a self hosted WordPress site and if you are using wordpress.com as your host, you may be limited as to the steps mentioned here.
That being said, it is no rocket science to install WordPress theme and you will find it gets easier every time.